Thursday, January 7, 2010

Flight Line: The Army Helicopter Pilots of Vietnam

I've always been intrigued by the Vietnam era helicopter pilots, and the harrowing experiences they went through.

What kind of men flew the first helicopter war in history? Indiana farm boys, urban tough guys, slow-talking southerners, brisk Yankees, all volunteered to fly in the jungle war on the other side of the world. This is their story, told by the pilots themselves.  Documentary made in 2000. Produced by Robert Mason the author of Chickenhawk. Hosted and narrated by Harrison Ford.  Lee Komich (Connors), and Robert Stinnett (Shaker) in Chickenhawk are interviewed in some of the segments.

Thanks for posting this very hard to find documentary; credit and kudos to  GretheBoe's Channel.  For the life of me I can't find this DVD anywhere for sale; I’m guessing it's no longer in production.

Hosted and Narrated by Harrison Ford

Flight Line: The Army Helicopter Pilots of Vietnam Part 2 of 6
Flight Line: The Army Helicopter Pilots of Vietnam Part 3 of 6
Flight Line: The Army Helicopter Pilots of Vietnam Part 4 of 6
Flight Line: The Army Helicopter Pilots of Vietnam Part 5 of 6
Flight Line: The Army Helicopter Pilots of Vietnam Part 6 of 6

Okay Folks, it appears the "The National Vietnam War Museum"  order page now works!  Go and get yourself a copy of “Flight Line: The Army Helicopter Pilots of Vietnam”   It's a great DVD and your contribution will help a GREAT cause!!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for stuff showing the history of helicopter aviation Jeff, so I'm grateful that you brought these to my attention. I'll credit you when I link to them at my site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find all the Vietnam helicopter history very intriguing! Thanks Greybeard...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm one of the fellows included in that production. I believe it's for sale at the following web site ...

    http://www.nationalvnwarmuseum.org/multimedia.htm

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bill for the info, I've tried to buy from this site, but when you go to purchase the video the page doesn't work for some reason. I wonder if the "The National Vietnam War Museum" folks know this or they are no longer selling it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Folks, it appears the "The National Vietnam War Museum" http://www.nationalvnwarmuseum.org/ order page now works! Go and get yourself a copy of “Flight Line: The Army Helicopter Pilots of Vietnam” It's a great DVD and your contribution will help a GREAT cause!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I've just finished reading Chickenhawk and I'm very interested in watching this documentary but It's not available anymore in the museum store and I'm in Spain anyways.
    Could somebody upload it somewhere so I could check It?

    Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete