Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) Test Prep 2010

Okay it's time to crack the whip and start studying for the FAA CFI Rotorcraft Exam. I've procrastinated long enough; it's time to get serious. This is going to take some effort and self discipline on my part so this will probably be my last entry for a little while. You’re probably asking yourself...why is there an airplane on the cover? What the study guide encompasses are:  the Ground, Flight and Sport Instructor: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, Weight-Shift Control, Powered Parachute, Add-on Ratings, and Fundamentals of Instructing FAA Knowledge Exams. The way it works is the sections and questions labeled All and Rotorcraft are the ones I need to be concerned about for the CFI rotorcraft - exam which unfortunately includes gyroplane questions and some airplane questions. Kind of irritating.

The areas I'll be covering/reviewing for the test:
Aerodynamics and the Principles of Flight
Aircraft Systems
Aircraft Performance
Weather and Weather Services
Enroute Flight and Navigation
Procedures and Airport Operations
Regulations
Flight Instruction and Maneuvers
Flight Physiology
Instrument Flight

There is another separate test one must take to become a CFI and that’s the FAA's Fundamentals of Instruction also in the study guide and based on the FAA Aviation Instructor's Handbook. Thankfully I've already got this one under my belt and out of the way. I think to be a good instructor you need to be half psychologist, and basically that's what this test is all about.



No comments:

Post a Comment