Friday, January 22, 2010

Over Alaska's Ranges

Over Alaska's Ranges

Want to see Alaska from the comfort of your home? Well, you’re crazy!

Here is Mary's blog she worked on a couple of years ago. It's about our hiking adventures. I know this has nothing to do with helicopters but I thought I would throw this in while I come up with the next topic. I will say on one of these hikes a significant event happened which inspired me to seriously think about flying helicopters again, which I’ll explain in one of my future postings. In the mean time what I should be doing is studying for the CFI - Rotorcraft exam. For some reason I keep stalling...
Upper Reed Lake

For those interested in hiking the Reed Lakes trail, and if you have enough energy, all the way to the B-29 bomber that rests on Bomber Glacier above upper Reed Lake, here's an excellent site with more information. The trail is out of Palmer Alaska on the way to Hatcher's Pass 56 miles from Anchorage. We've hiked a lot of trails in the area and this is by far one of our favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment